background

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Research, research, research!!!


It never ends. Im researching twin pregnancies/complications, raising twins, minivans, twin support groups, twin freebies, searching craigslist religiously for things we need (eg.co-sleeper, 2nd car seat, etc) discounts for mom's with twins, twin facts and statistics.....it feels like all I do is research! It's so overwhelming when I sit back and make lists and think about all the things we need to prepare for these baby's and the vehicle situation is stressing me out too. I'm leaning towards a 2006 or 2007 white Toyota Sienna XLE but Im not sure I can find one within our budget. It will depend on what I can get for my 2006 Honda CR-V. I really want the leather interior since kids can be pukers in the car and cloth seats tend to smell over time as a result of spillage, vomit, sweat, tears, food, you name it!!! A ceiling mounted DVD player would be pretty awesome for 3 kids too!
I havnt really bought anything for the baby's yet because I want to know the genders before I purchase anything and also because I wanted to get past my first trimester before I purchased anything just in case.

I bought this fabulous "innobaby" device from a gal off craigslist. It's awesome!!! It's a stackable formula/snack case and it's prefect for my baby bag. If we ever go anywhere (which Im sure wont be often the first year, ha ha!), I can pack plenty of pre-measured formula for the twins' bottles and snacks for Brooklyn. This is such a cool invention! It beats the alternative of having to use multiple tupperware dishes or ziplocs for formula and snacks all over your diaper bag. This way it['s totally organized and you can choose how many compartments you need to bring with you.
Here is a link: I just think they are a brilliant little invention!


Video Baby Monitor:
If there are any Moms out there looking for a video baby monitor (something I think is even more necessary with twins). I found a great website with ALL the reviews you need to make a decision as to what model you want to get. The #1 day/night video monitor runs $200! This review explains all the capabilities and limitations to the top 10 monitors on the market.
Here is the link to help you make your decision on a baby monitor:



No comments:

Post a Comment